At Lewis Insurance Associates, we work in Virginia and surrounding states to help offer you the bond protection you need. Let us be your bond department and make sure you are being handled with the level of service you need.
Contact us today for the Bonds you need.
What are the Types of Bonds?
- Contract Bonds
- Bid Bonds
- Performance & Payment Bonds
- Commercial Bonds
- License and Permit Bonds – Contractor License; Highway and Street Permit; Agent/Adjuster/Broker License; Fuel Dealer; Professional License; Automobile Dealer; and Alcoholic Beverage Compliance Bonds
- Probate Bonds – Administrator; Executor; and Trustee Bonds
- Receiver or Trustee Bond in Bankruptcy
- Public Official – Notary Public; Sheriff; Deputy Sheriff; Constable; Jailer; County/City/School Treasurer Bonds; Court Clerk; Loan Closing Attorney; and FHA Schedule Bonds
- Fidelity Bonds
- ERISA (Pension Plans),
- Business Services Bonds (e.g. janitorial, home health care, employee dishonesty or security)
What is a Bond?
A Bond is a promise to pay on your behalf by a Surety Company to a third party, the obligee, in the event you cannot fulfill the term required by an obligee.
Contract Bonds cover you in the event you cannot meet the terms of a contract such as completing a job on time.
Commercial or Service Bonds cover you as the principal and in most cases your obligee would be a government entity. This type of bond guarantees you will faithfully perform the duties outlined in the bond.
Fidelity Bonds are required by the IRS when an employer has established a 401(k) or Pension Plan.
Other Business Service Bonds can cover an employer from theft by an employee against the employer or client. This is an important component of Fidelity coverage for Homeowner’s Associations and Property Management companies.
What Do You Need to Obtain a Bond?
Securing a bond is much like getting a loan from a bank. Much of the same information is needed to set up most bonds. This could include current financial statements both for the business and the owners, resume information, contract or bond requirements, current list of jobs or work in progress, completed jobs similar to the type of work that needs to be bonded.
Commercial Bonds are readily available with basic information needed in order to qualify. Most of these bonds are executed in our office, other than Probate Bonds. At Lewis Insurance we review the bond form that needs to be executed and provide a simple application in order to process. Most bonds are subject to a favorable credit history by the person applying for the bond.
To obtain fidelity bonds, information such as the retirement plan name, amount of plan assets, cash or goods that are handled, and employee count would be needed.