At Lewis Insurance Associates we can provide you with a policy for flood coverage issued by one of our insurance companies that is fully backed by the Federal Government’s Flood Insurance program. We can service and answer any questions you may have about flood coverage.
Flooding is a risk for everyone! Call us today to determine your flood risk, 540-659-2121.
- Homeowners insurance does not usually cover flood damage
- A few inches of water can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage
- Flash floods often bring walls of water 10 to 20 feet high
- Federal disaster assistance is usually a loan that must be paid back with interest
- New land development can increase flood risk, especially if the construction changes natural runoff paths
- From 2003 to 2012, total flood insurance claims averaged nearly $4 billion per year
Can a flood happen at my home?
Even if your home is not located in a high risk flood zone, a flood could occur on your property. A heavy rainfall can cause flash floods to occur in any area. Protect your home and valuables from this disastrous damage the only way possible, purchase a flood policy.
Flood insurance has a 30 day waiting period to take effect, unless required by your mortgage company.
For more information on Flood Insurance visit the National Flood Insurance Program.