Specialty Vehicles Coverage
It takes more than age to make it a classic. A collector car isn’t just a way to get around. It’s an investment that will continue to appreciate in coming years. Not all classic or antique cars are used the same, so Lewis Insurance Associates will work with you to select the appropriate policy to accommodate coverage needs, miles driven, vehicle age, and vehicle modifications to make sure you have the best policy to meet your needs.
Here are some features you should look for when shopping for classic car insurance:
- Agreed Value: This means the provider will pay you the full (agreed to) amount in the event of a covered total loss, less any applicable deductible. This type of coverage is much better than “actual cash value” or “stated value” that you may get with some companies.
- Coverage Options: Not all collector cars are the same, so Lewis Insurance can work with you to determine the right amount of coverage to meet your specific needs.
- Generous Mileage: You’re proud of your collector car, so drive it. Not all insurance companies have a mileage limit, but most collector cars should be driven less than 5,000 annual miles to maintain their value.
- Roadside Assistance: Whether you’re down the street or on a classic rally through the mountains, you’ll want to find coverage that will flatbed your car to the closest qualified repair facility.
Do you need the insurance for your prize Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Corvette, Thunderbird, or other collector car? Talk with Lewis Insurance Associates today to identify the best combination of coverage, value, and price for you. We can help make sure your insurance continually meets your needs.
Motorcycles range in style and performance from cruisers, touring bikes, choppers, dirt bikes, sport bikes, mopeds, to kit built or even trikes. Motorcycle insurance was designed with this in mind. You know the style and performance bike that’s best for you. Let Lewis Insurance help you choose the right insurance.
A motorcycle policy resembles an automobile policy by offering liability, medical expense, uninsured motorist, and physical damage coverages. However, a motorcycle policy can be as different as one bike is to another. Coverage may be added for custom parts and equipment, custom paint, additional electronics, and your safety riding apparel. Most insurance companies also offer many discounts for items such as completion of a motorcycle safety course or being a member of a riding group. Contact Lewis Insurance today to make sure your motorcycle has the customized coverage you need.
RV insurance can protect your motorhome, travel trailer, camper and even your horse trailer. Here at Lewis Insurance Associates let us help you select the right coverage for your RV needs and get a great price at the same time.
Here are some things to consider when shopping for recreational vehicle insurance:
- RVs that are for personal, recreational use can be insured all year or some companies offer a lay-up discount.
- Liability coverage provides you with bodily injury and property damage coverage, medical payments, uninsured coverage and more. Coverage varies by state.
- You may be able to choose how your Comprehensive and Collision coverage will be settled in the event of a covered total loss. Options tailored to your needs can include:
- Stated Value – market value/actual cash value of the RV
- Agreed Value – the insured amount, regardless of the current market value
- Replacement Cost – we will replace your insured RV with a new RV that is most like it
- Personal Effect Coverage provides replacement cost for damage or loss to items normally used with your RV when physical damage coverage is selected.
- Some policies include Roadside Assistance, which has you covered 24/7 in the event of a breakdown or accident. Some will even allow you to upgrade the coverage to include lodging, transportation and meal coverage if needed.
- Other additional coverage can include: Accident forgiveness, pet coverage, diminishing deductible, and more.
- Discounts can lower your premium. Ask us whether you qualify for safe driver discounts, original owner discounts, package discounts and more.
- You can save money if you insure more than one item with a single company, including your home, cars, motorcycles, classic cars and boats. It will also simplify your life.
Insurance for your ATV, Dirt Bike, Golf Cart, Snowmobile, and more
There’s no shortage of ways to get outside in Virginia. Whether you’re hitting the trail, the links, or just the great outdoors, the last thing you want to worry about is whether your insurance policy has you protected.
Lewis Insurance Associates can help you get specialized coverage for your specialized vehicles. We can help you protect your investment and let you focus on having fun.
Are your off-road toys covered? Contact our team today to talk about:
- ATV (All-terrain vehicle) insurance
- Dirt bike insurance
- Dune buggy insurance
- Golf cart insurance
- Snowmobile insurance
- Any other motorsports insurance
Not Sure You Need ATV, Golf Cart, Snowmobile, or other Motorsports Insurance?
Most specialized vehicles aren’t covered under your standard auto or home insurance policies, especially when you aren’t on your own property. In many national, state, or other public parks, specialty vehicle riders are required to be properly insured.
Want to keep your Snowmobile, Dirt Bike, ATV, Golf Cart & other Motorsports Insurance costs down?
Several factors can affect the cost of insuring a specialty vehicle. So what can you do to keep your rates low?
- Be safe. If you have violations on your driving record or claims on your insurance policy, your rates will likely be higher.
- Choose your vehicle carefully. Some models of ATVs, snowmobiles, dirt bikes or other off-road vehicles are considered more aggressive machines, and typically cost more to insure.
- Own More Than One. With many insurance carriers you can receive a discount if you insure more than one specialty vehicle on your policy.