Lewis Insurance Associates
How we protect your Personal Information
Information Security – How Lewis Insurance Associates Protects Your Personal Information
At Lewis Insurance Associates, our customer relationships rely on integrity and trust, and the privacy of our customers’ personal information is of the utmost importance to us. We maintain a comprehensive Privacy and Information Security Program of which Information Security is an integral part. The Information Security aspect of our Program includes administrative, technical, and physical safeguards that are reasonably designed to safeguard the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the personal information of our customers. Some of the central features of our Program are:
- The use of policies and standards to govern information technology resources, protect information assets, and safeguard personal information;
- The use of technology, where reasonable and appropriate, such as firewalls and encryption;
- Testing and ongoing vulnerability scanning of online customer applications;
- Monitoring of our systems infrastructure to detect weaknesses and potential intrusions;
- Maintaining access controls which are reasonably designed to restrict such access to employees with a legitimate business need;
- Taking reasonable steps to select and retain service providers capable of protecting personal information in accordance with Lewis Insurance Associates policies and standards, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements;
- Requiring service providers by contract to implement and maintain reasonable safeguards consistent with Lewis Insurance Associates policies and standards and applicable legal and regulatory requirements;
- Providing employees with relevant training regarding the protection of personal information;
- Reviewing, assessing, and updating our security practices at reasonable intervals and in light of emerging risks and developments;
- Maintaining reasonably designed policies and procedures intended to prevent, monitor, identify, investigate, and respond to suspected information security incidents that may impact the confidentiality, security or integrity of personal information; and
- Providing notification, where appropriate, to impacted individual in the event the investigation of a particular incident results in a finding that personal information may have been subject to unauthorized access, acquisition, disclosure, or use.
Online Security Tips
While Lewis Insurance Associates is committed to maintaining administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the security of our systems, you as the customer also play an important role to ensure that you are protected when you use the Internet. We would like to recommend you consider the following security best practices:
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computer and make sure it is up to date with the most recent virus/spyware signatures.
- Make sure your computer is up to date with the most recent software patches. Patches are software updates that often address software vulnerabilities that Trojans and viruses exploit.
- Install a firewall between your computer and the Internet and a personal firewall on your computer. A firewall is software or hardware that may act as a buffer between your computer and the Internet that may limit access to your computer and may block communications from unauthorized sources.
- Beware of unsolicited email: Never click on a link or open an attachment in an unsolicited email. Know what suspicious email looks like.
Statement Subject to Change
This statement may be updated periodically and any changes will be posted to this website. We recommend that you review this statement periodically for any changes.